Tuesday 15 March 2011

D-Day Minus 3

It is Wednesday afternoon and I am leaving 3 days from now on what is for me, the longest vacation of my entire life. This is a big year since my wife and I celebrate her 50th birthday and our 25th anniversary in the same 12-month period. So we have hit a couple of big milestones and our kids are old enough (we hope) to be left alone in charge of the house and our two dogs. Why not do something big?

This long journey takes us around the world in 9 weeks. I am excited, but at this stage the main thing occupying my mind is our connection at Narita airport in Tokyo 7 days after the massive earthquake and tsunami has devastated that island nation. The connection has us only in Narita for a few hours as we wait to board a second Japan Airlines jet to Hong Kong but anything could happen. I will definately pass on my observations from the airport if possible, but if I don't that probably means everything went according to plan and the connection went smoothly.

I must also report that in advance of the trip I have come down with a wicked cold after working for months without any illness whatsoever. How fair is that? I have started pounding the ColdFX tablets and if they don't work my first stop in Hong Kong will be the Chinese pharmacy for some ancient chinese herbal remedies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring 2024 - In Search of Cherry Blossoms: Kobe

Looking down on the port of Kobe from Rokko Mountains. The MS Riveira is shown tied up at the cruise ship terminal. Kobe On March 29, 2024, ...